Chuming In Muskegon 8/24

I had promised to take a coworkers son fishing for the last couple of weeks. Today I finally had the chance to take him out. I told him the forecast, 3-5'ers and he still wanted to go. Seeings how I did not have any power at the house, I was game for fishing also.

I picked him up at 4:15am, and we were off to Muskegon. I gave him some Dramamine, which he took when we were pulling out of his drive way. He did not wash it down with anything. We stopped at the Shell station in Grand Haven on got Ice, donuts, coffee, and he got a capachino.

We untied from the dock at 6:05am and headed for the lake. We got to the channel going out and you could feel the waves already. We cleared the inner pier and we motored out, and started setting lines. I only set 6 lines till it got a little lighter.

It was not long after I got the 6th line set when my Brian started too look a little green. He asked me where he could throw up. :eek: The center rigger released.....and there was nobody home. While DIRTY DOG was resetting it, Brian commenced to autographing the side of my boat. Its never fun seeing anyone sick on the lake, so I decided to turn the boat around and we would troll back in and troll the channel. A wire diver with an 11" Protroll and a Siggs Rigs Green Hypnotist set on #3 with 75' of wire out fired. Brian reeled this fish in while sitting in the back seat. This ended up being a small king around 6-8lbs.

I asked Brian what he wanted to do, and he said he wanted to stay out. While DIRTY DOG was resetting the wire diver, Brian autographed the other side of the boat. :eek: I did not have my bags in the boat and it was hard to control the boat speed. I swung the boat to the South so we could control the speed a little better. After seeing Brian do a couple of more autographs, I had seen enough.

I spun the boat back around and headed for the channel. Right before we got to the pier heads, and rigger fired. By this time, Brian did not want anything to do with a rod, and DIRTY DOG reeled in a nice sheephead.

We made a passes and a half up and down the channel, and I had already cleaned the weeds off several lines, several times, and I decided to call it a day. As I was pulling lines, I noticed I had a gobie on the end of the line.

Final tally....1 king, 1 sheephead, 1 gobie, and my boat has officially been autographed. I think we were back at the dock by 8am.

Brain apologized for ruining the day and asked when we can go again.:confused: I told him no need to apologize, and we would have to watch the weather for a calm day.