Muskegon 8-4 Manistee 8-5

This was my first trip to Muskegon. Launched around 09:30 and set up in 80 fow a little north of the pier. Had the first fish in the boat within a few minutes it was a Coho off of the port rigger set at 60 on a Carmal Dolphin. Next was a King on a DD set at 140 on a chrome and green meat rig. (Herring strip). Then things got slow so we moved away from the pack of boats and put out the lead core with a monkey puke j-plug took a small king on that. The last fish of the day was another king on the carmal dolphin.

Manistee Sunday set lines in 80 fow just north of the pier at 05:00 and caught a small king (2 year old) at 05:30 on a green glow meat rig on the down rigger set at 50'. Then there was a long dry spell in that area. We pulled all of the lines around 8:30 and ran south to the third set of trap nets on the deep side and trolled north. We were away from the crowd. (i like that) At 10:30 we had a hit on the same green glow meat rig but it came off. At 10:45 we landed a 9lb king on a black ladderback spoon on full core. Once we got back by the pier we were pulling lines and caught a nice steelhead, I don't remember what he hit.

So for the weekend we landed 7 and lost 2. Sunday was a little bumpy.

Most of the salmon I have caught this year seem to be on the small side. Like they are 2 & 3 year old fish.

Tight Lines

I just made a post the other day, looking for the Monkey Puke J-Plug! Now I am reading a report with it mentioned. What size are you using, #3 or #4?

Did you find and mark the black bouy? It is hard to see in the dark!

GLF I saw your post the other day and thought I did have one of those. I don't know what the size number is but it measures about 4 1/2 inches long. I thought since you were looking for one and you fish Muskegon I shoud try it. Thanks for the tip.

I found the marker that is the big block of concrete. I assume that is what you were talking about. I stayed to the left (south) of it and didn't have any problems. I feel good about doing it in the dark now. Thanks for the map.

TT

I found the marker that is the big block of concrete. I assume that is what you were talking about. I stayed to the left (south) of it and didn't have any problems. I feel good about doing it in the dark now. Thanks for the map.

TT

Thats the black buoy.