Fair Haven July 29 & 29, 2007

We had a fantastic weekend of fishing out of Fair Haven the past two days. We boated lots of kings, some steelies, and even a laker (I was hoping for a laker-free year too...oh well... :? :?)

It was a 100% fly bite for us. Wire divers, riggers and copper down 80-100' all fired multiple times for us. Temps were 80-95' down, and our best down speed was 2.4-2.6mph. Best depths were 250-380FOW. The Siggs Rigs Blue Dolphin behind a Spinny Dalmatian was easily our #1 producer, with a Siggs Green Hypnotist behind a Green Spinny as our second best producer. We ran a new combo (for us anyway) that took multiple fish too. We're calling it the Maui Wowie. It's a blue double crush glow Spinny pulling a Siggs Rigs Maui fly. It's gonna see a lot more time in the water for us this season. I don't have a pic of the combo yet (forgot the camera on Sunday...doh!), but I'll try to snap one soon.

July28292007021.jpg

July28292007019.jpg

July28292007007.jpg

July28292007025.jpg

These guys had two more from their evening trip that were already in zip-lock baggies before I remembered to take the pic. I didn't do a very good job with the camera this weekend (besides forgetting it on Sunday), we were just busy all day both days in the back of the boat.

Fish were a bit East of the chute. When we ventured west, the screen was pretty blank and the rods stopped firing.

We did weigh it Mike. It was just a hair under 23lbs. We really haven't had the big boys show up yet....hopefully soon though!

WOW :eek: I have not put a 20lber in the boat this year. I have only heard of a few that were 20+ caught out of Lake Michigan this year.