Fishing was a bit tough for us on Saturday. Got a late start not getting lines set until around 7:45. Ended up 5 for 7. 4 Fish came in around 170-180. 7 color core and 10 color core with primarily Green/silver spoon, modified blue dolphin and coyote. Took a couple of hits 95 down on rigger in same water with a glow lobster spoon. Took one fish on a blue spindoctor and blue bubble fly back 170 on wire 1 1/2 wire dipsy. Marked a ton of fish all day from 90 - 250 foot of water but could not get them to go. Weather was beautiful and the highlight of the trip was a 12 1/2 pound steelhead that took 35 minutes to land. It was the gentleman's first big lake fish:cool:grin:

I saw your post on here and just wondered how the fishing has been in Muskegon lately? I'm going to be there next week for 4-5 days. Are there nets where they were last year? It's funny how well that coyote spoon works and it's sort of a local thing. I never see many people running that farther north or south but muskegon and white hall all the time. let me know if you want to fish chat on here soem time.

There was a set of nets straight out from Mona Lake. They go from around 70' to around 135'. There is also a set almost straight out. Maybe slightly to the North. These nets run from around 115' to around 135'. I have heard there are more to the North, but I have not been up that far to confirm.

There was a set of nets straight out from Mona Lake. They go from around 70' to around 135'. There is also a set almost straight out. Maybe slightly to the North. These nets run from around 115' to around 135'. I have heard there are more to the North, but I have not been up that far to confirm.

Last I knew there were 3 nets to the north, starting a couple miles north and 9 nets to the south. Keep your eyes open and you'll be fine. Without looking at my GPS I can't be sure, but I think the north sets start in 80 or 90 FOW. Haven't played around any of the south nets this year to get them marked on the GPS.

I will get exact numbers from my gps tonight, but off my head here are some numbers for you. There are 3 sets north of muskegon this year. They are very well marked. They are aprox 110-138fow. The north numbers are 13.2ish, 13.9ish, 15. The first net to the south of muskegon is 70-90 fow @ 11.126 on the inside pin. The second and third nets as you go south are a little deeper to 140 fow. I am quite sure there is an inside set and outside set. I think there are 9 or 10 sets between Muskegon and Grand Haven. GLF is correct. There is one directly off Mona is same water. Again, they are marked well. All sets north and south are within the 70'-140' zone.

Daniel