My report is not as good as Nicks. We ended up 3 for 5.

I shut down in 70FOW. I pointed the boat West and started setting lines at 6:15am. Our first fish came at 7:30am.

fishon.jpg

It was a nice king on a Stinger Prototype. I blackend out the spoon to not reveal the color.

Prototype.jpg

At 8am we lost a REALLY nice steelhead that came on a Stinger Stingray Orange Killer on a 3 color core. The normal orange killer has a silver hammered finish. This one is gold hammered finish - GH205. This fish put on a good show and was dancing all across the water when it came unbuttoned.

At 8:05 we hook into a smaller steelhead. This came on a Stinger Stingray Craig's x-mas on a two color core. After a bunch of dancing on the water, this one came unbuttoned also :(

I spoke with Nick on the radio and he had a limit of kings already out deeper.

driving.jpg

I went out to 230FOW without a bump. I was running all Stinger Stingrays and Mags. I changed out the baits to Stinger Stinger's, and pointed the boat towards shore. I had one rigger near the bottom when we picked up this laker in 130FOW. It came on a Stinger Stingray Green Dolphin.

laketrout_837940.jpg

We picked up a shaker on a full core with a Stinger NBK in 100FOW. After the shaker it was time to pull lines and hit the dock.

A lot of boats were struggling to get fish after the sun was high, myself included. As you can see by my last photo, it was bright and sunny and not a ripple on the water. I should have down sized my baits long before I did.

I will be out again this Saturday.

Good report Mike, like the pics. I was wondering how you guys ended up. I was really surprised when that king took the GCW only 25' down but after reading your report I realized that it is a walleye-sized spoon, maybe that had something to do with it. I will have to file that away for future reference. I was surprised at how few boats there were out there. The launch was practically empty when we launched. There were more trailers there when we came back but I think that a lot of them were bass fishermen.