Left early from work today with 2 of my co-workers and headed to Holland. Left the pier heads at 5:30 to find a beautiful flat, calm morning. Powered up to 30 mph and headed northwest. After about 1/2 a mile the motor revved high and the boat stopped going forward. End of our day. Luckily the only other boat out there was kind enough to tow us in. Hopefully I got his name right, Cabbott Sterk, gave up his morning of fishing and pulled us back to the dock. And he wouldn't even accept any money. Can't say how much I appreciate his help. Pulled the boat out and checked the gear lube in the lower unit to find it full of metal shavings. Dropped the boat off and received the diagnosis this afternoon. Lower seals and water pump need to be replaced plus gear kits for both the upper and lower. The parts are ordered and after a mere $1500 hopefully I'll be back on the water by next weekend. Final score: 0 fish

1 broken outdrive

3 very unhappy fisherman

Good luck to everyone who gets out this weekend. I'm going to go sell plasma to help pay for my boat repairs:D

Thanks again Cabbott if you read this!