Caznik's Lake Michigan Fishing Report 5/6/07

Hello Member's,

Well sorry for the late report but I happen to get back late from fishing and had to work that night and had to get some sleep. Well anyways, team Caznik fished the 1st West Michigan fishing league at Port Sheldon Sunday and ended up in 5th place. The weather was very tough to fish in and we had a strong east winds all morning long. We started at Port Sheldon and the plans was to fish at Grand Haven near the dirty waters. We went 3/4 the way down and fished in 30' and marked alot of fish but nothing would go for us. By 8am we was at Grand Haven and took our first fish in 50' of water fishing with the full core with a stinger lure that I do not know the name of, but its there new silver with green tape that allmost looks like the NBK. Then we had a hit on a dipsy rod set at 3 back at 60' and lost that on a white hootchie with yellow tape with a green Caznik fly. The third fish that we had on and caught this time went on a rigger down at 45' fishing with a SWR rod with a Michigan dolphin stinger stingray. The fishing was not hot at Port Sheldon but Grand Haven was better to fish at. If only the waves wasn't so ruff i think alot of fishermen would of taken more fish. Tomarrow I should have all the event results to the 1st West Michigan fishing league and you can check out all the catches there. So for now hope you can get a chance and get out and fish this week or weekend.

Caznik

DSCF2597.JPG

Waterfowl with a nice king that he caught on a full core rod.