Caznik's Guided Turkey Hunt's

caznik

Well this morning I happen to take a friend out turkey hunting for his first time and it paid off. His name is Jeff and he work 3rd shift with me and we made plans on going turkey hunting after work this morning. We got out of work at 7:30am this morning and got set up in the woods by 8:15am. This morning I happen to take my Rod Benson slate call with me and I'll tell you something. That call is my best call that I have ever owned. As we both sat down I started doing some hen calls and nothing was gobbling back at us. Then I had an idea of making a sound like there was alot of turkeys and a turkey fight was happening. I did that for 15min straight and then all of a sudden GOBBLE GOBBLE. My buddy said OH SH___T you here that. I told him to take it easy or you will miss. Man he was so excited that he kept on moving all the time. I told him it was really close but we just couldn't see it yet. I made some more clucking calls and herd him again. He was really close now and Jeff was getting really excited that he started laughing for some reason and told me I'm going to miss. I said calm down darn it and you will be allright. Then in about 5 min later here he was coming in full strut. Oh man you should of seen Jeff then. His first turkey coming in all in full strut and when ever I kept on clucking he kept on gobbling. Jeff was really pumped and kept telling me stop calling because he was really excited and couldn't stand seeing that big turkey gobbling like he was coming in. Then the big tom came in 15 yards and I said shoot it. He wouldn't shoot and then for some reason the turkey seen him and was clucking back. I started calling more and clucking alot and he stoped again. I said SHOOOT it.......He said now..:D Then all of a sudden BANG. He got his first turkey, and was very excited and chased me around the darn woods telling me he wanted to hug me. Man I was trying to stay away from that crazy guy and man we both had a blast hunting together this morning.

Well here is his first turkey:

jeffo.jpg

Jeff

With his first Tom that had a beard 9 3/4 " long with 1" spurs and was 21lbs.

Great Story Rich !

Glad to hear that you guys got the bird too!

And you know for sure he will NEVER forget his first Turkey Hunt or the guy that brought the bird to him!