The morning was uber busy, many boats out pre-fishing the Salmon Classic.  I was not able to get out last night to set up for a morning run.  I watched many boats going out in the morning as I was getting ready.  Also had a problem with the new wiper blades coming off the arms but I will leaver it at that.  Plaining out was a bit tricky with only one wiper working.  Fixed it all good when I got back in.

Dropped SWR down with a green/pearl J-plug and it got bit before I could tighten up the drag.  Lost the fish about half way to the transom but thought great start.  Had two other tip ups on the same rod as I was setting a second DR green paddle/green fly down on the SB side.  After another reset of the port SWR J-plug rig, the SB downrigger lit up.  Fought the fight for a few minutes then the dreaded tip up.  All the gear was lost.  Would have retired the not if I got down the the boat the night before but that did not happen.  10" Green Jeans paddle lasted ~10 min out of the package before it hit bottom.  Still stuck with only one line in the water.  Put a KG meat rig down in place of the lost green paddle/fly and a center line with a Brad's Cut Plug.  The Brads Cut Plug did not get touched on 300' of weighted steel - probably running too high in the water column.  Dumped the J-plug after the sun came up and put a Mag Blue Dolphin foil spoon down on SWR.  I finally was able to land a fish, about a 11llb (N) king.  Later in the morning, after re-tooling the N-S troll to a E-W troll, the meat rig finally got hit, and hit hard in 112FOW.  Could not gain any ground on the fish but that did not matter - another break off at the hook knot.  Now I retied that last week, 40lb fluoro, so why it separated is beyond me.  Just lost the meat head.  I threw a dipsey out at some point and was rewarded with a nice SH that I was able to land.  Had another drive by and that was all she wrote.  Got bit a bunch but lots of misses and break offs.  Kind of weird morning but conditions were optimal.  We enjoyed the SH tails for dinner tonight.  There were 1 or 2 big number catches reported today.  Could not match that running solo and my knots were not up to the task.  

image.thumb.png.12f8bed86f25c60ca6c07fbf395eb131.png

• Like 5