Fished solo as Janet is not getting up at 3:45am to go fishing but that is OK.  Cleared the pier heads at 5:30am, went a little north and set down in 90' of water attempting to work 80-120FOW.  It was a beautiful morning however by the time the sun started to peak over the horizon there were boats everywhere.  I couldn't get a good trolling line or make early lure changes (meat never left the ice box) with all the maneuvering.  In hind sight I should have pushed further north before setting down.  Landed one sub-10lb king before 8:00am that I let go.  IMO, heavy boat traffic slowed the bite.  The limited radio chatter reported 1-2 fish landed.  Did not cross over any bait at this depth.  Headed out to 170FOW, pulled one downrigger and added a second dipsey, both set ~ 60 down, tipped with orangish-UV spoons for SH.  Did not have the changes in the water for 5 min and a SH hit one of the dipseys.  Kept it.  Got a LT on the lone rigger, released it.  Ripped the rigger and put SWR back down very deep as I was marking fish at ~125 down.  Could not get any interest on the deep line.  Funning thing is when I was ripping lines, SWR gathered water fleas over much of the mono backing.  After I got all the fleas off, popped the line from the ball, put the ball away and the spoon, floating on the surface 100' from the back of the boat got smacked . . . . by a lake trout.  It must of followed the lure as I slowly brought it up cleaning off the fleas and decided to grab it before it got away.  I did not try too hard to bring it in and it successfully popped off at the back of the transom.  Made for a humorous finish to the day.  Data below.

image.thumb.png.37fede2fbf00b1984700789785dd4cc2.png

• Like 6