Au Gres - Lake Huron Fishing Report

Here is an Email I sent to my brother.

Martin,

I fished AuGres with Ken this morning (Thurs). Some fish are being taken @ the river mouth. Small boats all over the place. It is NOT a place to be with anything over a 16 footer. Tough time even getting out of the river. One guy was trolling down the river with 4 in line boards. Another few boats anchored, and some trolling across the channel just outside of the pier heads. Ken banged up a prop. His boat drafts a lot of water with the 200 and the 9.9 on the back. There is usually 2 cans about a quarter mile out from the pier heads, that mark the channel. The Coast Guard hasn't put in the cans yet. We have the channel marked on the GPS, but it's not much good with all the boats trying to fish around the mouth. These inconsiderate SOBs think they can block the harbor, just because they are fishing. I think I would have run over some lines rather than leave the channel. It wouldn't be bad if it was just a couple of boats, but the combined total effect is NOT good. We made one pass between Pt. AuGres and the river and called it a day. 0 fish. Water temps 39 to 43 but mostly around 41 degrees. I'm going to pull my boat out tomorrow, and probably spend the day working on it. I may go out Mon. Sat and Sun will be a real Goat Rope. I may go down there just to watch. LOL

Frank