Rod and reel set-up

I need some help. I'm new to the site, so I not sure if this is the correct forum to post questions. Regardless, I'm trying to find a good rod and reel set- up. To be honest, it's very confusing to me.. I have a 16 ft Lund with four rod holders. I would like to fishing for multiple species of fish. (Salmon, walleye, trout). I understand that you can get very specific when targeting fish. I just trying to get some all around rod and reels with recommended line. My goal here is to spend more time with my son on our wonderful Great Lakes. Thank you in advance for any help you can provide.

Sent from my iPad using Great Lakes Fisherman Mobile App

Keep it simple. I would run 2 manual downriggers. One dipsy diver off each side and a leadcore or copper off each side. I would have a 5 color lead and a 150 or 200 32lb. Copper. You can cover all the depths easily and have a good chance of catching fish.
You dont need linecounter reels for lead/copper or downrigger. I would run braid divers with linecounters so you can be repeatable in your presentation.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Great Lakes Fisherman Mobile App

If you add a location to your profile someone in your area might be able to show you their setups or give you a demonstration even.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Great Lakes Fisherman Mobile App

Thank you so much for the information. I’m trying to figure out how to set my location in my profile. Live in Dexter, MI

Sent from my iPhone using Great Lakes Fisherman Mobile App