Copyrights and Trademarks

Hi all,

I've been doing some investigating on this subject. First and most important is that we don't need an attorney, but it would help if the situation came up. I know this has nothing to do with fishing, but information for us all...What I've learned on the net is only my opinion, but it does cover a lot of interesting subjects. This site can save anyone that has published their name, it's kind of scary but if you type in your domain it gives you the history of your page http://sbinfocanada.about.com/gi/dyn...w.archive.org/ so the way I've read all of this stuff leading to this page, once you have a name posted (published) you are covered by any copyright or trademark laws. When you change it your covered from the date of published name being changed. I have been looking over this stuff to cover my but.. So for instance, Michigan Stinger can have a tm by their name, they are covered from 1998 till now. me Aurora Lites Tackle is covered from 2005 till now. So I can add a TM to my logo and be covered by my rights to this name. To copyright a whole website is impossible, you would have to copyright every peice of artwork on the site. But you can add a copyright with a date, like this. This is what I'm going to place on my site, copyright 2005-2007 all rights reserved. All logos and artwork used on this site are used with permission by the company's Aurora Lites Tackle LLC deals with. All other artwork has been created by Aurora Lites Tackle LLC. We all that run a website have our rights from date of being published online without an attorney. It's a jungle out online and I just thought this would be interesting for you all to see. I would like some feedback on this subject I know I'm not the only one thats been down this road...