Fished the Kalamazoo River on Friday and Saturday, The Dam'ers were catching alot of walleyes still, but the steelie's were few and FAR between, Tried the dam for a while, then but the boat in, the river was dirty brown, fast and high, about 6-8 ft higher than normal. Fished from the boat for about 4 hours, not even a bump, bounced spawn and ran plugs, nothing moving.

Saturday fished from the boat, only got more walleyes and suckers. The river needs to drop and clear up, maybe by this weekend the steelies will be in.

Tight Lines

Fishography

Matt

Sea-Mac,

No, did not make it up, ended up only two of us could go out of the 8 normal group so desided to hit the Kazoo, I think the PM was in so-so shape over the weekend, should be pretty good this weekend if the rain holds off, we think we might try to get up there on either the 31st or 7th. The Kazoo should be fishing good by then as well.

Fishography

Matt

Thanks for heads up.I see you didnt stay long if you did.Was thinkin maybe you got there and had to turn right back around.Im gonna try an get up there sunday hopefully and check er out ,and the south branch.Letcha kno what i find.

Just looked at the BBT website (Baldwin Bait & Tackle) as of this AM the river is pretty much blown out over the banks, be careful wading!! I would say it will be at least 4-5 days before the river is wadable!

I have been up there during blow out conditions, usually NO fish to be found and is not really safe wading, Boats are oK..

Fishography

I worked at BBT about 10 yrs. ago or more for a short time.Really good guys.Grandpa has a place on Big Star and i stayed there when workin for them.Thanks for the update, guess ill stick around here a few more days till things settle down.