Reel help?

AllenW

I am trying to find a high capacity, high retrieve ratio (6 to 1) reel that will hold

appox 100 yards of 20# braid as backer, 10 colors of Suffix 832 leadcore and about a 100 yards of 14# mono.

I believe the Diawa SG57LC5 has the 6 to 1 and will hold all the line, I do not need the line counters, so looking for a non linecounter reel and have come up with a Diawa Saltist STTLW30HA or STTLW40HA reel.

The Saltist are more than I want to spend, but are sweet reels and I think I can spurge for at least one.

I'm not sure which one to buy though, the 30 seems size wise to be the best fit for trolling for trout/salmon but unsure if it will hold the line I want, the 40 will hold it for sure but may be to big for what I'm doing with it.

I usually just run spoons and hardbaits with this set up for the most part.

Maybe I should just stick with the Sealine but if the 30 will work, it'd be a nice set up.

Any thoughts??

TIA

al

Even though the counter isn't needed, it isn't a negative. That's the route I'd go. I wouldn't go to a saltist strictly for the reason of no LC.

I have a Tekota 800LC with 400' of copper. The LC has no real purpose for this setup but I got a great deal on it.

Even though the counter isn't needed, it isn't a negative. That's the route I'd go. I wouldn't go to a saltist strictly for the reason of no LC.

I have a Tekota 800LC with 400' of copper. The LC has no real purpose for this setup but I got a great deal on it.

Ya, your prob right, did see Sealine has a high cap, 6 to 1 levelwind for about $110, but may as well get the LC sealine, good point, thanks.

Al