Fri Sat 8-14, 8-15-2015 Saginaw Bay Walleye

I fished with Larry M, Chuck G, and Canyon G, both days. Canyon is a super good 8 yo that loves to fish. The storms that we had Thursday and Friday had a negative affect on the fish. Thank you Larry, Chuck, and Canyon. We ran meat both days.

Thursday we didn't bring in one legal walleye and very few trash fish which is unusual to say the least. We waited for the early morning winds to subside and launched a little after 9AM. We have had trips in the past where we were done by that time. We enjoyed the day on the water but catching some fish would have made it a touch better. We marked a lot of fish but getting them to hit was another story.:) We were in perch country and the bandits lived up to their name stealing our bait at every opportunity.

Friday we launched at around 6:30 AM and shut down and checked a few places before setting lines. I definitely wanted different water than yesterday. We marked a quite a few fish but the bite was challenging again. We picked up our first walleye while setting lines which is usually a good sign. We were blessed with 2 more keepers for a mornings worth of fishing for a total of 3. We did have a couple of undersized walleye and all fish didn't need measuring. They were either obviously keepers or throw backs. The first fish came high and the rest deep. I hope we get some stable weather soon.:)