Mon Sept 8, 2014 Saginaw Bay Walleye

I took a youngster fishing. In this case the youngster onboard was 67 yo. Yep just a kid. :) I fished with Tom T, and Don M, and took a three man limit and farmed 4 VN keepers at the end. I fish with a lot of different people and I'm always looking to expand my list of fishing friends. We started just a couple of miles off the cans in Au Gres and in 1-1/2 hrs of fishing we had 7 nice fish. Not a record setting pace but very acceptable. The bite died and all we could catch were some future keepers from 7-13 inches long. Our future shines brightly. Priority 1 was itching to head SW so I gave her free rein. We hit on some active fish and soon added another 3 more. We then hit 4 more quick fish and was looking for our last one doubling back over the last flurry. We needed 1 and hit 5 more quick ones to end our trip with 19 nice eyes making it to our net. Tom never fished with me before and there is definitely a learning curve because we do things a bit differently than most. Some accept what we do and others reject it. By the end of the trip our team was clicking like a well oiled machine. 2 oz bouncers off 7 Offshore boards and 3 oz bouncers off two down rods. 1.5 MPH with an occasional slow down and speed up of a couple of tenths. All of our fish were caught deep. Color at first mattered with glow, and hammered nickel blades out producing the others. After we made our move color wasn't a factor. Our depths today were 26-34 FOW. It was a beautiful day to spend on the water with good friends. Get on out there the fishing is still fantastic. This will probably be my last trip unless my arm get twisted.:lol: All my fish were given away. Gotta Luv Dat Bay. Oh!! We did catch a couple of VN perch.

The rest of the story. I was up at 4 AM to check the weather because I had a friend coming from the big D area. 18 knot gusts off the Shoal and #1 had me giving Tom E a call to give him the news. I didn't want him driving 3 hrs to get shut down. We were lucky the wind died down and we were able to fish. Sorry Tom.

dsc00765_a.jpg