7-4-2014 Au Gres Walleye Happy Birthday USA

I fished with Joe W aka (Side Job), Bob M aka (Fish Hawk), and Mark aka (My Turn). It is always a pleasure fishing with some old pals like Bob and Joe but this trip I met a new friend Mark. Everyone did what needed to be done and the trip was very pleasurable. Mark donated his fish to an elderly gentleman at the ramp, a kind gesture from a good guy. I hope to fish with all three of them again soon. I like surrounding myself with good people. It helps knock the rough edges off this grumpy old man.

We ran 2oz Bouncers off 10 Offshore OR-12s with home tied harnesses and 3oz Bouncers off two down rods. We started taking fish immediately but the fish were not that aggressive. Later the bite got tough and we worked a bit for our last 5. My limit always fills last. We had to resort to the force feed method and then we finished like the Grand Finale on the 4th of July. We ended up farming about 4 keepers, Two keepers came unbuttoned just before the net, and we gently released some future fish after showing them the cooler on the back of the boat. We pulled lines a little before 10:00 AM with 20 Eyes in the box. 1.5 MPH was good with a couple of the bigger fish coming on the inside lazy boards on some turns. Good Fishing, Good Friends, Good Times.