Port Championship

Changing Port Championship  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Changing Port Championship

• return to old system and reduce payout per event
    • Keep it seperate and lower the entry fee so more will fish it
    • Raise the per event entry to 40 dollars to pool money for the port championship and big fish
    • Have no cash prize for the port championship just go to a traveling trophy

Might as well do one more poll so here it is. Neither Don or I are happy with the Port Championship so we are looking for suggestions. We have not had a chance to sit down and go over all of our options but to me I only see a few choices. There are of course several options in those few choices but we can discuss them as we go. You will note as in the poll about boundaries I am not voting I do have a opinion but don't want to color yours with mine just yet. Last year we made a change to make the port championship a stand alone entry for the prize money. With my boat being down for the season we had 4 boats enter and only 3 actually fish. So from my personal perspective it was just a contest to see who got the most of my entry fee LOL. That is not the issue believe me I was OK with the money but not OK with no one entering. So we need to find a way to have more people fishing in it. So these are not the only options but a rough outline.

• 3 weeks later...