AuGres 8/20 and 8/21/2013

The fishing has slowed down significantly in the last week. It may be perch time. Anyplace else on the earth people would be jumping up and down for what we can catch here even when it is slow. I may try some cranks over the weekend. A week ago we were toughing it out and getting limits or close.

Tue: I wished with Don B, and Mike T, and took 11 eyes and a perch. We threw back a few shorts and some sheep. Since my limit always fills last (My Rule) I gave my walleye and perch away at the ramp. The conditions limited us to our choices with 2-3 foot seas early. We fished skinny water and deep. One plus the nets off the point have been pulled.

Wed: I fished with Tom D, Bob M, and Buster P, and we only managed to box 7 keepers. We did throw back a few short ones and a cat and some sheep. Big waves again early limited our choices.

Both these trips were a lot of fun with good people. Us oldtimes like it slow but we can handle it a tad faster. Thanks to all the good people I fish with. I will never fish alone again so it's always my pleasure when I can hit the water with good friends.