7/4/13, Saginaw Bay, Au Gres, Fishing Report

Happy Fourth of July to everyone. We rocked in the fourth today with an awesome day on the water catching limits of walleyes. The weather was nearly ideal with mild temperatures, a nice southerly breeze and a one foot walleye chop. We started catching fish this morning before I could even get all the lines set. In fact there was only one time all morning where I actually got all eight lines in the water without being interrupted by fish-on. We caught 20 keepers today with a good mixture of size in the catch. We lost a very big walleye at the side of the boat that would have been about 28". Even though the bite was non-stop, it was surprisingly a pretty light bite and we lost a lot of fish, especially the bigger ones it seemed. We did catch some big fish though and in the end everyone had a great day on my charter boat. We good action on crawler harnesses early in the morning, but later on the Hot N' Tots lite up with action. Chrome Tots and chrome spinner blades were best today with all our fish coming near the bottom in deep water.

Capt. Mike Veine