Made my first real trip out other than a couple of one-hour shakedown trips. Set lines at about 6:05 in 115 fow about half way between Muskegon and GH. Continued on a West troll until we got our full spread out then turned SW out to 190fow. Turned North and trolled a zig-zag NE to NW between 135 and 175 all the way back to Muskegon. Picked up one 2-3# Coho and one 5-6# king. Coho came on a braid diver set on 3 back 100' with a spoon (can't recall which one) over 155 fow. I can't say exactly when we picked up the king because I think we drug him around on our lead core for a couple of hours :confused: but we picked him up on a full core with a UV watermelon spoon.

Had two downriggers release 65 down with a caramel dolphin spoon but they were just slap hits and had the wire on one of my brand new wire diver set ups snap immediately after a hit without any drag going out (which was set light enough that it would click occasionally just from the tension while trolling) so I have no clue what happened there. The break off was not at the knot either as my counter still read 65 when I got the end of the wire to the boat...maybe a weak spot in the wire?

My radio wasn't working so I'm sorry if I was clogging up channel 68 with radio checks but I couldn't hear anything! I hoping that I wasn't the only one struggling to find fish on Monday?