Garmin GPS/FF chip

Popi

That unit does not supposed to have inland lakes on it although the do put some on there. The chip you are looking for is the Garmin LakeVu HD Ultra North Central. Its not out yet but I think they said it will be here first part of may.

As low as 1ft contour lines for many lakes.

Thanks Hondam,unfortunately according to their website it says my 740S will not work with it .But I now see a couple of other chips that I can use,just want to look at them on a desk top.

I see what your talking about and let me double check on that, their charts seem to be pretty universal and I find it odd that this unit would be left out as far as compatibility. The Garmin Lakes Vision chip will work for less money then this but this LakeVu Ultra chips detail just looks ridiculous.

UPDATE: Looks like you were right, the maps are not the reason for the compatibility issues its some of the more advanced features that are included on the chip along with the maps. At least that is what my Garmin guy told me and he has a call into the lady that does the cartography and chip programming to confirm with her as well because he wasn't 100% sure also.