Rigger cable

What kind and lb test rigger cable do you use?

What does your end connection look like to your rigger weight?

Might as well start thinking about next year. Doesn't look like I am going to be able to make it out again.

Thanks, Dave

I run 300' of 150# stainless wire by Scotty on my Vector and Big Jon riggers. I don't really think that there are significant differences between brands of rigger cable. In the old days (30 years ago) the stuff was very springy and it was relatively easy to get kink in the cable if you got any slack in the line but I have not had that problem in a long, long time.

As for the termination of the wire I have used the Magna Dyne Klincher connector for 20 years without any problems. Much better than the old crimp sleeves and thimble... and a whole lot easier to put on the wire.

Picture of the Klincher:

904-70_connect_md.jpg

I run 300' of 150# stainless wire by Scotty on my Vector and Big Jon riggers. I don't really think that there are significant differences between brands of rigger cable. In the old days (30 years ago) the stuff was very springy and it was relatively easy to get kink in the cable if you got any slack in the line but I have not had that problem in a long, long time.

As for the termination of the wire I have used the Magna Dyne Klincher connector for 20 years without any problems. Much better than the old crimp sleeves and thimble... and a whole lot easier to put on the wire.

Picture of the Klincher:

904-70_connect_md.jpg

he pretty much said it all. some people like using the new braid line for there riggers. but i think i,ll just stick with the 150# cable. im not sure what brand clincher i use on the end of my cable. its not magna dyne but it is made the same way. they are much better than any others i have tried.

i have big jon riggers with the auto stops. i tried the cannon ball retrievers first and they just wouldnt work with the auto stop bead. so i went to the scotty ball retrievers. they do work but i just didnt like them. i just found the trax tech retrievers, and just bought a set. i havent actualy used them yet but they look like they are going to be the answer to my auto stop beads hanging up in the retrievers. right now i would recommend the trax tech,s over anything i,ve seen yet to retrieve your weights. these are just my opinions and may differ from others.

sherman

Picture of the Klincher:

904-70_connect_md.jpg

What Ryan said.