The U.S. Post Office, more policy and rule changes.

Went to my local USPO Tuesday to get a spare key for my box. I was told I was supposed to be given a set of 2 keys free when I opened the box about 6-7 years ago, but was only given 1 key. Since I opened the box a while back, they now say they can charge me $3 deposit for the key. Ok, so I whip out 3-$1 bills and wait for the transaction. The guy gets the new key, and when he goes to put the order into the computer he's told I need to pay $6. I ask why, and am told that during 2010 the policy changed and I now need to pay more. Ok, so I whip out a $10 bill to pay. A few more minutes of debate passes, and then the computer says I have to pay $9, $6 for the key, and another $3 deposit. Meanwhile, this is taking about 7-9 minutes to transact, and people behind me are getting impatient and lining up to the front door. I'm confused, upset, and just tired of this demented scenario, it just gets worse with the passing minutes. After trying to get straight answers to my repeated questions, I finally give in and pay the stinking $9. Later that night I found I had another spare key to another former box that I had rented for many years prior. Bingo, I'm going to return this key the next day as I have no use for it, and I want to get my $9 back, right? NOT! They again told me that old key was theirs, and that it did not fit my prior box. So now what? Well, at the very least I thought I deserved to get the $3 deposit back, but it didn't happen, I got another excuse and policy quote, and then got a reject. Finally, the clerk says I can get the $3 deposit back if I close out my box, even though I have no intention of closing my box, I want my mail there. All I could do is leave, in disbelief, and disgust, of what is right, and what is being done over at this agency. Is it any wonder this department is in bankruptcy mode, both financially, and morally? Anyone else know about this, and what do you think I could do differently? And no, I don't have a mail box at the rural house, the snow plows and kids ran them over years ago too often, so now I trek to town for safe mail delivery. Thanks.

Anything that is run by the governmetn is a disastor. A few years ago we were camping My wallet was in the pocket of my jeans. Furnace was on in the camper as it was cold. I was wearing my hunting clothes and standing by my buddies camper. he says holy crap your campers on fire. My wallet was singed everything melted. I nocked my jeans off the couch and the leg fell into the furnace grate and up they went when i was leaving the camper. so I go to social security for a new card nope cant do anything with that burned stuff you need an id whether drivers license or state id. I do have id it was in a fire, we cant use that after half an hour i go to sec of state

Same thing. They want a picture id to prove i am who i am. My id was in a fire after an hour there i lost it, got beligerent and called the person a stupid ignorant moron because she can clearly see on my license the picture of "ME" and " MY" name the rest is burned up. Finally an hour and a half of arguing the manager finally comes out of his office after i threaten to climb the counter to go get him as the desk moron wouldnt go get him to help out. They finally agreed with all the burned up stuff i had on the counter credit cards wallet and everything else that my wallet went through a fire. "DUHHHHH" holy carp i say to them your geniuses. after three hours i finally get my drivers license. I'll tell ya if it has to do wit a government agancey be prepared to getr screwed around.