Ludington 8-18 and 19

EdB

Fishing was great Saturday, we went north and started right off the Big Sable light in 75 ft of water and went north from there, it's a good way to avoid the weekend crowds between the bathhouse and the point. Once the bite started, it was non stop with doubles and triples. We were limited by 7:45 with 15. It was a nice box.

box8-18-12.jpg

We fished 75 to 100 ft of water down to the 07's. We turned and came back to the 05's and were down. We had a moonshine(MS) razer burn on a rigger at 35, a MS blue jackel on a rigger at 45, a mag MS dancing anchovy on the chute rigger down 70. We had a glow bade/mt dew spin doctor with a green glow fly on a low diver out 120ft, the hook broke on that squid and I switched to a glow blade/green tape spin doctor with a white glow bead fly I don't know what it is called and it kept firing. We had a chrome blade/green dot spin doctor and a purple taco dragon fly on a hi diver out 140. We had another high diver with a MS shelly snack out 150 ft, that was the best rod in the boat. I put out a 150 copper at 7:30 with a chrome and green j plug and that caught our last fish of the day. Here are the lures:

8-18-12lures.jpg

This was the best catch of our week in size and weight.

Tunas8-18-12.jpg

On Sunday, we followed up with the same program and same place. The water warmed up quite a bit from Saturday. Fish were deeper, 50 to 90 down, hi divers out 180 to 200 and low diver down 140. They were not snapping as good as Saturday and we went 7 for 12 and quit at 7:30. We had chores to get done. I never went on a mid morning west troll since the prior Sunday but I'm sure there are more fish out there. A buddy took it went west on Sunday at 9AM and got a lot of steelies and coho's out there.

Good luck!