We typically make an annual trip up there starting around now. After talking with three separate groups of fisherman it sounds like the fishing is fairly slow around the Frankfort area. They are getting 5-6 fish per trip. One group went to South Manitou and hammered fish 2 days straight but thats a 22 mile run each way. That said the next 2 days Michigan is getting hammered by a hard north wind and I suspect this will change this dramatically.

We decided to just stay in Holland this year since the fishing has been awesome.

How are the pheasants doing this year?

Casey II---Here on Oahe,we lost most of our salmon to the high water last summer, ( went through or over the dam) , lost most of the smelt also. On a better note, the pheasant numbers seem to be up a bit from last year, but last year was one of the worst I've seen. That being said, a bad year here is better than the best year in most places.

The coho fishing out of Racine is awesome right now if it's within your range. Reminds me of early spring fishing, just bigger and harder to hang on too! The one problem is they are moving around alot but once you find them it's really good action