The week of July 8, in the rear view mirror.

Mon. Hit the shallows we were fishing last week and was not impressed. Headed N. and fished in 22 FOW and boated some chunky eyes.

Tue. Headed back to the same area 22 FOW but was greeted with 4 foot seas. Before fishing I had to make an electrical repair. While fishing we broke a swivel on the Port trolling bag. I was able to get the bag in and then hook the bags mainline with a boat hook and make a temp repair. There were four of us onboard including a old friend that lost a leg about a year ago. He is also a WW2 vet but a different guy than the one onboard last week. We were trying to get him out for awhile but things kept getting in the way. We boxed a heavy 4 man limit on the Outer Bay pulling bouncers and meat. Returning to port I noticed my bilge pump was locked up and was tripping a breaker. We had a lot of little problems today that were dealt with. I have to make some permanent repairs today and over the weekend. Some people don't realize what goes into maintaining a boat and fishing gear.

Wed. I was a guest aboard the FishHawk. Thanks Bob for a chance to fish with you. We took some heavy eyes in 30-34 FOW on the Outer Bay with bouncers and meat and in-line weights and meat. There are a lot of fish in the system. It was good fishing again with Roger H and meeting a new friend Rick.

Thur. I was again welcomed aboard the FishHawk. The Hogs we were on Wed. exited stage left. We spent a lot of time and fuel but splashed through a lot of water on the beautiful Saginaw Bay. We finished up in the Inner Bay in 26 FOW and got some table eyes. Thanks again Bob. It was nice to meet you Rick.

sounds like you had a good week, im headed out of sebewaing this weekend to fish around buoys 1 and 2 got some friends that have been sitting on a pod of really nice eyes all week out there and they are begging me to go. Plus my honey hole in caseville has dried up according to my friends that have been fishing oak point the last 2 days.

Frank, Sounds like the week was good for fishing (having walleye for dinner tonight) but reinforced the old saying of what the letters in BOAT stand for......Bring On Another Thousand! Seems like there is always something to soend money on when you have a boat....or in my case, two! Keep on them!

Frank, Sounds like the week was good for fishing (having walleye for dinner tonight) but reinforced the old saying of what the letters in BOAT stand for......Bring On Another Thousand! Seems like there is always something to soend money on when you have a boat....or in my case, two! Keep on them!

Chuck, I hope you can jump back on this coming week. I enjoy your company and help aboard.:)