South Haven Perch & Salmon 7/5-7/6

Finally finished fixing the boat. Just a small job. Replaced the transom & floor. Took it down to an aluminum shell. 18 foot aluminum smokercraft. Took ~6 weeks. Had family come to town & went after perch/float test.

27 perch yesterday 41 today(no gobies today at all). Some jumbo's. Go a couple miles north and you can find an area without gobies if you're lucky. 37-42 fow was best. Sometimes its hard to keep rods on the bottom. A good number of doubles. If you're going to go perch fishing. Get at minimum 6 dozen minnows. If you get into the gobies or smalls you'll go through them fast. If I had some patience and willingness to spend a few more hours out there limits could be caught. I'm personally not a huge fan of perch fishing.

Last night went after salmon for just about 2 hours w/ just riggers & dipsies. Bites on dipsies at 150 and 140 and a rigger at 90. random plain purple spoon and a green/yellow spoon with black dots and a green spoon with a touch of red w/ a black eye. How about that for descriptions? 1 steelhead was caught and I believe it was 26 inches. 95-105 FOW

I also now know what it feels like to pull the plug on an aluminum boat on the ramp slope and only to have no water run out of it. I was also shocked when filling up the gas tank after fishing each trip. A boat without water in it requires a lot less gas. I should probably post a separate thread with pictures about the rebuild.