Opening Day

GLF

I sat till 11:00 am today. I saw 24 deer in the morning. Out of the 24 deer, only 5 of them were out of range. Only two of the 24 were bucks. Both of them were shooters, unfortunately, they were in the group of 5 that was to far away :(

I am going back out this afternoon.

Well I sat out all day. I knew the day was not going to be good when I rolled out of bed at 4:00 am and stepped in puppy poo. Didn't feel real good but wasn't going to miss opening day. Got to the spot I wanted and went to put up my pop up blind. I just knew I was forgetting something this morning, it was the sticks that hold the roof up in the blind. Oh well sitting in the chair the roof didn't hit me in the head so I used it the way it was. Saw nothing at all in the swamp. Finally about 9:30 I walked out to see if my brother had seen anything. When I got to his blind 4 does came across the feild out of range. After we split I went to the blind behind the woods. Had 6 does come running by, gun was lening in the corner. Sat there a while then moved to the fork in the road, 2 different groups of does went by. I got busted tring to take aim on them. Decided to walk to the truck and grab a snack, spooked 3 more deer on the way out. Went back to the fork, sat there untill 2:30 without seeing a thing.Started getting cold and went for a walk but it was to late, arms and neck started to hurt so I packed it in about 3:30. My brother was holding my muzzel loader for me, he dropped it so know I have to shoot it to make sure the scope is still on. Even with all the trouble it was a great day in the outdoors.

PS Come on Caz lets here your story, the whole story :lol: :lol:

I wasn't real motivated but the ole lady kicked me out to the north farm.

(We have 3 80's all within a 3 mile radius, no houses or cattle on the north farm- perfect deer holding farm)

The fog was pretty thick but seen lots! Got situated, had a friggin buck come up behind me and first light, couldn't turn, didn't wanna shoot yet, looked like a nice shooter etc etc etc,

Had another come across my front 20 minutes later at about 75 yds, and with the amount of deer didn't want to shoot yet etc etc etc

Had a 3rd come from the south and was heading right for me about 1/2 hour after that (after I played with a doe for 10 minutes)......

He turned and exposed a nice bodied deer that gave me a nice broadside shot at about 90 yds!

3 1/2 year old 6 pt 4x2 that dressed out about 150 lbs, hanging!

Great opener Ive seen in a while!

Probably seen about 25 ish myself with the 3rd buck getting killed!!!

I had a perfect game, no hits, no runs, no errors.:grin: I never had a deer that came within 200 yds of me. My brother got the ugliest 11 pt. you'll ever see. It's a glorified 5 pt. There are a bunch of scrub points sticking out of the base of the antlers. If you wanted to push it there might be enough long ones (over 1 inch) for it to be a 13 pt.