Walleye slot limits?

Thats because when they do their testing for toxins, they grind up the whole fish: head, tail, belly, guts and all to make their slurry. All the toxins are in the liver and the belly fat. Unless you eat those parts, I am pretty sure that a few lake trout meals will be fine. Could explain why I am messed up though:p.

Its not even recommended anymore to eat lake trout in southern lake Michigan.
Not the point, Michigan salmon guys don't like lake trout because they don't fight hard enough. Wisconsin guys don't like like lake trout because they don't come close enough to thier side. this is not science based. An article yesterday from the toledo blade, a former Ohio DNR head said Asian Carp are one strike your out, if they get in, it's game over! I disagree. People think if we plug the Chicago river we'll be safe forever.

If you would like to read the entire $50. million dollar 165 page 2012 Asian Carp plan. Go to asiancarp.us. Heavy on studies and technology. You can't beat nature with technology. Technology costs money, and we ain't got enough money, never will.

Well guys, if you read the 2012 Asian Carp plan, you saw the map of where they can survive. The entire US and most of Canada. I have shared most of what I have learned, so what do we do now? If you count peer reveiwed, hundreds of biologists support native predators (biotic resistance) surviving the spawn attempt is the weakness Asian Carp share with every fish, and how invasive species restrict/control native fish. Either by starvation or direct predation.

There is no way in heaven that having a healthy native fish population is bad for the environment. But you'd be surprised how many people will try to argue that point.

Natures checks and balances are out of whack, and that's our fault. If you want to help, please write letters to the editor, supporting restoration of native fish/predators. Hit the outdoor mags. There is no "IF" they get in the lakes the only unknown is when. Without or low predators they will overrun quickly. They also eat native larval fish, further restricting native populations. Once they control the spawning/nursery areas ALL fish will be affected.

We have tackle tax money available, we have the means, how we do it and costs are just details. The problem is want too. Given the facts, there is no logical reason not to restore our native fishery, which I thought was the law anyway.

• 4 weeks later...

A couple of facts I came across. Chicago Tribune 3/8/12 Illinois closes fishing at 2 lakes to battle carp. They drained AND poisoned these lakes to get rid of common carp, but they made a "carp comeback" basically just killing only makes it safer for spawning/recruitment for the ones you miss, which this just prove again, what carp control guys already knew would happen if you don't plant predators for baby carp. You can't drain AND poison our lakes and rivers, but we can make sure there's predators.

Also New York Seagrant, Asian Carp are major plankton eaters, one expert reminds us, ALL fish start as a type of plankton (ichthyoplankton). There is no greater threat to our lakes, (besides us!)

• 2 weeks later...

They had an asian Carp meeting yesterday in Bloomfield Minnesota MPR article, barriers wont work. But in a related article I found interesting (Zebra mussel population decline puzzles scientists MPR "surprising numbers of fish are eating zebra mussels " "some areas 86% reduction"

Look at the whole picture, predator prey only works with enough predators!