Season Wrap up - Fair Haven

Jay and I took the boat out for one last quick spin before we put it down for the season. We ran out to 100FOW and ran the probe down to see how much of a change there was from last week. We found 63 degree water all the way down to the bottom. We trolled for probably 20 minutes and saw nothing on the screen, so since we had to pull the boat and put the camper down for the season, we pulled up and came in to start the work day. It's always sad to pull the boat and close up camp. If I didn't have to be in Florida for the next ten days, we'd probably give it one more try next weekend.

We had a GREAT season and caught more fish than we ever have before. I'd like to thank all of the members of this forum for their reports over the season. I read all of them, and your reports have helped to make us more successful. I learn something new just about every day from you guys. I hope my reports helped some of you to catch more fish too. I fished with some of the best guys on Lake Ontario this year. Yankee Troller, Maniac, and Runnin Rebel, thanks for having as part of your crew at various times of the year. We fished with lot of new folks this season and made a bunch of new friends. I enjoyed my time on the water with each and every one of you.

It's time for me to think about bow season, and then it's ski season, which is my busiest time of year. We'll back on the water out of Shawn's Marina in early April. I already can't wait. I'll be online all winter and look forward to participating in more discussions here with all of you! September302004001.jpg

The Billy V ready to be winterized and stored for the winter. See you in the spring!!

Some of our more memorable pics from the season:

Sept162006007.jpg

AUgust19-20036.jpg

August12-13001.jpg

July29003.jpg

DSC02704.jpg

DSC02721.jpg

DSC02666.jpg

DSC02707.jpg

June282006008.jpg

June172006011.jpg

June52006002.jpg

DSC02442.jpg

FairHavenMay112006005.jpg

NiagaraBar014.jpg

June282006004.jpg

I'm already chomping at the bit to get started next year. I have lots of off season projects to do, and plenty of bowhunting and then skiing to do first though. Gotta sell the boat over the winter so I can get into a bigger one...sure am looking forward to a bigger ride!