Need Help, I need a Fabricator!!!

Boltman

Hey Guys, Well it's winter time again and I've got a great idea. I want to have built a Stainless Steel Rail Fabbed for my swim platform. You see I have channels in the swim platform that anchor down the dinghy davit system, but I want to remove those davits when I want to taker her out Fishing, and slide in a stainless Steel Railing that is by-folding on each end for storage that will have maybe two Rod Holders installed on it, or maybe even a rigger or two installed on it....I'm going to try to find a pic of the swim plat form empty so you all can get a good idea, just wanted to get some gears turning in those Brilliant minds of yours, cause You guys to me.. are the Pros..who would know what I need...I'll get back to this later with Pics.These pics aren't my boat , but this is what I'm talking about, I 'm going to try to find out where this man bought this or built it, It's going to be awesome, but I figured you guys could do better with ideas.... what do you think????

Outontheboat013.jpg

Outontheboat012.jpg

Outontheboat004.jpg

Methinks someone doesn't want holes drilled in the boat itself, but, that's ok. I like the idea of the board too, good for meat rigging, perhaps filleting also....lol. But the swim platform, for safety's sake, isn't the place to reel them in nor set lines, could fall off and get drowned. Just a thought as a fellow capt..

Come on Now Guys, I wouldn't be out on the swim platform in 4-5 footer either, but you also have to remember my swim plat for is 15 feet wide and 5 foot deep, it's not a platform it's a part of a barge...and the railing is going to have sides on it and be bolted to the swim platform itself, I want it to be strong and secure.

There is standard 1 inch and 7/8 inch railing and fittings available. Do a search on eBay or Google. The standard stuff may save some $$ and all you would need is some custom brackets fabricated to fit what you have. For riggers you could have a piece of channel or rectangular tube bridge the railing. The rigger mounting channel or tube could be mounted permanent to the rails or U bolted to it.:)