port sheldon solo limit 8/29!!!!

Couldnt sleep so i hooked up the boat at 5:30am and started fishing by 6:30am I ended up 7 for 9 letting go a laker and an 8lb coho(the people i give them away to dont like those anyway they also want the skin off and bagged in with only 2 fillets per bag and ice on them if they werent customers i wont tell them a piece of my mind:D)

Details.......the water was 54 degrees at pig lake this morning but the big lake surface temps were 61 63 and i found all my fish in the 66degree water temp at the surface. with 2 thermoclines one at 25down alot of guys were catching fish off the riggers at this depth and another at 55down with it being 48-52degrees at this.....im guessing the lake is in the process of completely turning over? everything on south or north troll in 80ft of water

( im heading out of muskegon tonite to drive my brother's boat all evening so i can reveal the depth) sorry little brother:eek:

Was running 2 dipsies and 1 rigger

The rigger went 2 times with the clear paddle with uv tape from fish on tackle(super hot flasher during the day) with mirage fly with long threads

the rest on dipsies at 135 to 145 back with magnum divers w 9ft leads

Red spinnie with green fly with wide threads like on howie flys(i laughed when fish on tackle told us abt the red spinnie 2 wks ago)

Green spinnie called the fat nancy which is green and yellow with black dots with picked sunshine fly

We've landed 57 kings in the last 10 days and these have been the hot set-ups.

3 kings were 7lb 10lbers

2 kings 15-18lbs

1 laker 10lbs

1 coho maybe 10lbs

All the fish had the fly buried deep down there throats except the laker

I didnt mark many fish below the 1st thermocline at 25ft but they were obviously there.

did u ever net a fish in a 17ft boat with a 9ft lead on a dipsey by yourself......just plain good enterainment for anyone watching but the kings like them

I loved fishing with all the retired guys this morning u guys are very kind and open....... alot different than the weekend crowd:thumb:

Hope this helps bc at almost 4 bucks a gallon u need to start as close to shore as possible if there not there in the evening they will be there at dark

The kings in muskegon last week were bigger but alot darker then the ones caught this morning so i think we still have some time before they run the rivers down here.

2.2-2.4 at the ball but the sog was 2.7-3.8 depending on direction