Muskegon 7-14 PM Finally "BTB"

OK,

I have been running some BTB "Better than Bait" style meat rigs this season with no success:mad: But as they have always said "if first you don't succeed try again" or again and again. So I went out with 2 buddies last night out of Muskegon and stayed shallow from morning reports. 45-65fow. Water cold:eek: Set up at 6:30pm and begain to troll NW SOG 1.8-2.0 and about 30 minutes later in 57fow the port dipsy set on 2.5 89back took off screaming :thumb: My rookie buddy grabbed the pole and the fight began. I new it was a going to be a hog by the way it kept peeling line! I wasn't sure if we would land this fish as my buddy who is green had no idea what to do and I did not want to take the pole from him so he fought that fish for 25 minutes as he gained 20' the fish would take another 50'. Finally he was able to bring it to the back of the boat, I gasped for a second and told myself don't muff this part up- a quick swoop of the net and it was in the net and in the boat. It ended up weighing 21lbs, not bad for a rookie. Now I'm sold on this stuff as you might imagine. Managed 2 more fish under 60fow (riggers-spoons), nothing else that big. My uncle was out in 100fow down 45' and boxed 6 decent kings as well. Decent night out of Muskegon.:lol: