9/10 Genny Rep - River

Rolling a little too rough this morning for the lake so headed straight up the river after a 6:15 launch. Figured the current was between 11/2 & 2 mph. Brown water & lot of debris. Heavy cloud cover, probably in the low 60’s today. Surface 64F, down 10ft was 62F.

Quite a bit of wildlife out & about. Herron, cormorant, deer, hawk, bunch of crows, & some goofy blue colored bird that couldn’t make up its mind where it wanted to go. Anyways, got 1 salmon near the concrete station heading south on a silver bullet. Rigger at 6. Down speed 3 , gps 1.4 mph. Maybe 15 Lbs, very dark. C&R from the net. Saw a couple go skipping over the surface before 8:00. Kind of neat when they do that. Almost like they’re being chased by an alligator or something.

Chatter was that not much doing around the piers. Couple guys went out & found fish scattered top to bottom out past 150 FOW. Didn’t hear anybody killing them though. When I headed back, met up with 8 larger boats and a few smaller trying the river. (Got’ta love that 40 footer staying in the middle with outriggers lowered. All the others were very courteous though.)

I was the 1st up the river & I wasn’t going back thru them so pulled out when I got to the launch. (about 10:30) No attendant, 9 trailers in the parking lot.

As Reeljerks said: Lots of debris in the water. Sticks, branches, & big logs. Medium-heavy water flow over Maplewood with enough wood to build a couple houses stuck above the falls. Guess the floodgates are open.

Luck to all,

Tom B.

(LongLine)

• 2 weeks later...