Penn 330's

Anybody using Penn 330's for copper. I've got a couple extra that I'm going to be setting up and looking for any input on the pro's and con's regarding this reel with copper. Not sure if I'm going with the 32 or 45 variety as of yet. I've looked at the reel calculator and have an idea of it's capacity. Let me know your experiences i.e. how much it holds, problems, likes, dislikes....etc. etc.

Thanks in advance,

Chris

Thanks Matt and Grant. I agree Grant, they work great on the in-lines. I use them with my full cores. I've never used the 45 copper before. How much backer are you getting on there, and what type? I'm assuming some type of super line (power-pro)? What do you think you are getting for depth with the 300 of 45 copper?

Thanks again,

Chris

Like they said 300' of 45#. 3.6-1 ratio is a tad slow, but a great reel.

I have around 600' of 30# braid backer with the copper. 300 45# should hit 80-90' depending what your pulling.

F/f will be on the short side and plug on the deep side.

With the 300' of 45# copper about 80' @2.6-2.8 S.O.G spoon, and the full core has been 55' to 60' with silver horde green Ace high, that was a producer last year!

as far as backer I run 50# whiplash braid and the leader is 30-50' of 20# andy, I always keep the rod tip pointed right at the fish till I have the lead or copper all on the real!

Good luck Chris :thumb: