Timing of alewives this year?

Any good guesses to when the alewive invasion will occur in Little Bay this year? Spending the week of June 18-25th on the Bay and wondering what I should expect???

Drisc

It's many years since we have seen a huge impact on the bite from alewives. We used see them all over the beaches, but there just hasn't been any great number in quite some time. I wouldn't worry about it if I were you. Now, quick as I say that, we'll have an explosion of alewives!!!

• 3 weeks later...

Great! Hows the bite been lately? Other sites are saying its been pretty good. Taking the whole family up for the week (listed above) and hoping to get into a few. What's the water temperature up there right now? How much colder is Big Bay than Little (hoping to spend at least one day on Big Bay while we're up there)?

Great! Hows the bite been lately? Other sites are saying its been pretty good. Taking the whole family up for the week (listed above) and hoping to get into a few. What's the water temperature up there right now? How much colder is Big Bay than Little (hoping to spend at least one day on Big Bay while we're up there)?

The bite is good right now. The water temperature on Little Bay de Noc was 65 yesterday. I don't know what it is on Big Bay de Noc. I can't remember what it was today on Little Bay (age?). Hotter than blue blazes though, so I'm sure it came up some more today. The warmer the water on Little Bay de Noc, the better the fishing , period. When it hits 80 degrees (not often), it is awesome! You should have some very good fishing unless we see a huge explosion of alewives. But like I said, we have not seen that in many years. If you get a chance, stop in and see my brother Kevin at our resort in Rapid River as he can point you in the right direction. Good luck on your trip...