Snap Dipsy Setup

Just wondering if any of you guys ever try adding a dipsy Xft above the lure using a line clip. This is kind of how a slide diver works but i have never used them. I have too many dipsies and just recently tried this on Cayuga Lake with the size 0 and the thing was very hot on an otherwise slow day. I am using the church vise clip to keep it from sliding or popping off the line. Does anybody do this with the standard dipsy or is a slide diver the way to go on the big water? The fish are so damn spooked these days I need to get the lures away from the junk. Thanks guys, I'm new.

Just wondering if any of you guys ever try adding a dipsy Xft above the lure using a line clip. This is kind of how a slide diver works but i have never used them. I have too many dipsies and just recently tried this on Cayuga Lake with the size 0 and the thing was very hot on an otherwise slow day. I am using the church vise clip to keep it from sliding or popping off the line. Does anybody do this with the standard dipsy or is a slide diver the way to go on the big water? The fish are so damn spooked these days I need to get the lures away from the junk. Thanks guys, I'm new.

hey brandon

i started with dipsy,s then 2 years ago i switched to deeper divers by cannon or walker one. then last year i run across the lite bite slide diver. i fish lake erie for walleye. we really have a problem with small trash fish that wont trip the divers. well the lite bite slide divers have 2 adjustments. 1 for rod tension and 1 for the fish to trip the diver. so this new mouse trap sounded great. so i invested in them. the best move i could have made. the lite bite arm has made diver fishing so much better. i can set the tension where i dont get alot of false releases even in choppy water then set the trigger tension so lite that most of the time even a small white perch will trip them. we now drag very few small fish around. if you ever have trouble with shakers or small fish the lite bites are the answer. they arent perfect but they are very close. you can also get 2 size rings and 2 size weights. you can use the big ring and the 4 oz weight to really get deep. or you can use the standard weight and no ring or the small ring to run shallow. you can check them out good at slidediver.com you can also get package deals with all the extras there also. then i just get in 50 ft of water let out line untill i hit bottom. on each side setting. that tells me how many feet of line out per foot of depth. so i now have my dive curve. i get close to 3.7 ft depth per 10 ft out. thats with 65 lb braid at 2 mph on a no#4 setting with standard weight and small ring. so if i want to run 65 ft deep, i,ll go 240 out on a 4 setting. you really should check out the lite bite divers. slidediver.com