Could gas prices sink boating?

News

When fuel prices soared a couple of years ago I noticed a definite decrease in fishing boats. I made it my priority to fill every seat. Posting for riders in that forum helps. Most fishermen know the expenses a boat owner has and will help with a fuel donation.:)

You said it Frank! Need an entire gang this summer to get out. Pitching in is going to be required this summer, no free rides. Just dropped $100 in the tank, and not all the way full, along with $78 in the truck. I personally believe that these high fuel prices are going to fuel another swing in the economy, and not the way that we want it to go. They have any excuse they want to jack up the gas prices, even though they say that the demand for gas has decreased, and their explanation for higher prices is for the "unrest".....well shoot, that's good enough for me.....NOT:mad: You watch the profits posted from the oil companies, going to be "record" profits, and if not records real damn close.

I am going to fish either way. I have 1 hobbie and that is fishing. I will give up eating out, drinking (The one or 2 I have a month) and anything else I have to enjoy time on the water in the boat or on the bank fishing carp in remote places.

gave up drinking gave up smoking and i dont mess around. if i give up fishing i might as well be dead. i wont live longer but it sure will feel like i am.LOL.

i dont even know how much gas im going to use. my old 21 ft cobia has a 2007 5.7 vortec with a big double line holley 4 barrel 320 hp. it used alittle over 20 gallon a day. this boat is a 28 ft upgraded at some point with twin 4.3 mpi 6 cyl. 220 hp. i,ll run both engines going out and back in. but i plan on just using one for trolling. that should help. you think?? i just heard on the news that they looked for gas to be 6.00 a gallon this summer. at that price i dont know just how much fishing i,ll get to do. but somehow i,m going to do some fishing. i think our pres needs to do what clinton did when he was in there and prices went so high. he started an investegation, and the prices fell.

....sherman....