I fished out of Fair Haven this weekend. On Saturday morning, I was joined by Gump and Terry for a 6 hour trip. We left Shawn's Marina at 5:30am and ran East a bit to set up. We moved several rods over the day, with the big producers being the JV Cheerleader (Green Pro-Chip/Green Krinkle Norther King fly) out 210 and 230 on a #2 setting, and a Hot Rod Half-Breed spoon (A mulatto-ish creation) fished off the riggers down 50, 60, 70 and 80. Temps were a lot better than they had been, but the basin was still pretty riled up from the blow. There was lots of current to deal with and while temps were drastically colder than earlier in the week, there were still pockets of warm water. For the most part, we had 50 degrees down 70-80 ft. One of the fish was a very healthy, FAT 10# Coho.

I ALMOST lost a wire rig in the lake on Saturday. It fired and I grabbed it and tripped. As I tripped, I dropped the rod with a fish rapidly tearing line off of it. It bounced twice and went up over the transom. I pulled a superman imitation and dove for it and caught the very end of the rod butt just as it was headed in the drink. Lost the fish, but kept the rod! Whew! Glad Gump was there to grab my feet 'cuz I was on my way in!!

47b6d632b3127cce8b81ca8f6a4a00000016108QaMWjRs2aU

Terry's FIRST-EVER King from the lake. Terry is a very talented fly fisherman and catches a ton of chrome all winter, but I think we ruined him on that after this fish!

On Saturday afternoon, the one and only Yankee Troller came and joined Terry and I for an afternoon trip. The wind had kicked up and what had been a very comfortable morning had turned into a pretty bumpy afternoon. We ran my Habanero program just for Yankee, and wouldn't you know it, Yankee's standing right next to a Habanero-rod and it fires. He picks it up and says "I'm not bringing this thing in on this lure" and hands it to Terry. Terry lands this nice chromer:

47b6d632b3127cce8b81ec366ae000000016108QaMWjRs2aU

tried to get Yankee to trun around and let me take his pic with the spoon and the fish, but he grumbled something under his breath about a "stupid Habanero...and we should be running Mulattos" and turned his back and began to set the rod back up and refused to have his pic taken. At any rate, that's his back in the pic. Erbyjoe was on the water on his boat and heard the whole thing unfold and can back me up on this one...

We came in early to get a bite to eat and to get some rest for Sunday's trip. We ran into Erbyjoe at Cutter's in town and had a nice conversation with him. It was nice meeting you Erin, and we look forward to your next visit! Thanks for the radio intel this weekend...it was a big help to all of us and was much appreciated. Hope we were able to help put you over some fish too.

47b6d632b3127cce8b81d1adabcd00000016108QaMWjRs2aU

These fish all fell to our JV Cheerleader.