Took Dad and BIL up on a 0 notice kamikaze run up late Sat night. After a 3 1/2 hour run from Chesaning in the middle of the night without any sleep we were greeted at the pierheads with a thunderstorm to the south at 4:30. We slid back into Betsie Lake and hoped for the best. At 5:00 we saw that the storm had slid past us and we ran out to 80' and got set up. Ended up being a really nice morning on the water and other than a few sprinkles we didn't have any more weather issues until we got chased off at noon with another t-storm.

Due to a couple of electrical/setup issues we didn't have use of the graph or fish hawk so we just winged it watching the cables and bend of the wire rods. We didn't get a hit for the first three hours which is very unusual for me so after turning west and telling my BIL I was going to throw him overboard as a sacrifice to the fish gods, we finally picked up a good steelie on a 50' Cu w/orange crush spoon. This allowed my BIL to be spared for the time being and after a couple more hits we determined the kings were around 90' down over 250' with a heavy SW current.

When all was said and done we ended up 5 for 11 and no one presentation/color stood out. The only consistant seemed to be 82 to 110 down over 250'. I think we took hits on just about every color we ran but never had more than one hit per spoon. Very strange morning fish wise but we still caught a few and had fun in the process.