Fair Haven July 26th am

Dad, Brad and I got out this morning for a few hours together. We left Shawn's Marina at 6:00am and ran out to the waypoints we had from last night. We found nothin'. So we went into search mode. I trolled us into 150FOW off of Moon Beach and we whacked a small skipper on a Hot Rod Bad Brad spoon fished off the 90' rigger. Got set back up and nailed a nice, fat 24lb King off the Modified JV Cheerleader. I really like the new Northern King Glo/Green fly. Looks a lot like one I tied up last year and had a lot of success with. That rig was on the wire dipsy on a #2 out 280'. We had temps right around 50 degrees down 90' for most of the morning. We kept in a pretty tight area as I found that by moving around, I was seeing the same inconsistent temps we had last night. So we pretty much stayed where we found temp. Next fish was a 15# King that came on a Siggs Special. That's a chartreuse Pro-chip pulling a Sigg's Rigs Holo Hyptnotist fly. That was on the wire dipsy on a #2 setting out 210'. Finally, we saw lightning out West at about 8:45, so we pulled up and headed in. As we pulled up, Dad smacked another brownie on a Hot Rod Lemon Habanero fished off the rigger at 65'. Tally for the day was 4 for 6. Not bad for just under three hours. Oh, we lost a real screamer in between Kings...he broke off the Glo/Green NK fly...it must've had a nick in the leader from the night before. They tie those with 50# Seaguar, and there's no way it just broke.

Not too many flies today, so no swearing rants from Dad, or from Brad. Although this was Brad's biggest fish of the year, so he was in a pretty good mood all morning regardless of the flies. Again, great crew, fun times, and lots of laughs.

I'll be up again over the weekend. Good luck to all!

47b6d907b3127cce8b1f4583ce1100000016108QaMWjRs2aU

47b6d907b3127cce8b1f5a530f6600000025138QaMWjRs2aU

47b6d907b3127cce8b1f5fa2ce3d00000016108QaMWjRs2aU