New Buffalo 6-19 What a Day!

We lost power Friday night in the storm so decided to go out fishing Saturday as we still didnt have power. I would have posted a report sooner but still didnt have power. We put a decent portion of the day on the water but the fish were bitting GREAT for us. We left the dock at about 2:00pm just as everyone else was coming in. Ran out to about 90FOW and set a coarse toward all my fish waypoints to the west. Didnt get a hit until we got to 115FOW and was a nice steelie on 10 color. Continued to troll west and hit fish consistantly till about 165 than not a sniff to 175 so we turned back east and bumped the speed to about 3-3.1 GPS in order to get back to the fish quickly. As soon as we bumped the speed we began getting hits. Trolled back to 90 and got hits the entire way to 100 than nothing below that. Turned and headed back west and didnt get hit till we got to 120 this time. Hit 140 and by this time it was dark and we pulled lines going 12 for a painful 26. We lost 8 close enough to the boat we could see them. 3 Kings, 2 Coho, 3 Lakers, and 4 Steelies. the majority of the fish lost were steelies as we couldnt keep em on when they started jumping. Nothing huge with the biggest king at 12lbs and all the lakers being morbidly obese and running 10-16lbs. Every line I put out caught, or got bit, at least once. For the first time this year my dipseys were hot taking 6 of the 12 fish boated. What worked:

1. Blue Bubble spin dr with matching fly 150-210 back set on 2-2.52. Green pro troll with grn glo fly 175-200 set on 2-2.53. 10 color with a blue mag pro king4. 10 color with a lime tux stinger5. 5 color with orange crush dw6. 3 color with goldilocks stinger7. Riggers with nitro spoons in stingray size down 40-80

Was a great day for us on the water with only my dad and myself. Lake turned flat calm toward dark and I only saw one other boat the entire time I was out. I cant wait till the June slow down is over.:lol: Oh a couple of buddies went perch fishing and only got 9. Glad i went salmon fishing.