Higgins Lake next week

There isn't really a shore fishery up there in the summer Jim. If you took your pontoon you could get up early and try some surface flies for browns and bows along the drop off. Check the Grayling fly fishing reports and see what is hatching right now. During the week would be better than a weekend. We always see trout feeding on the surface in the morning and evening but the boat traffic scares them away during the day. A minnow under a bobber or spawn sack floating 6' or so off the bottom could catch fish also.

Will be staying at the Mac Million conference center maybe I should take the 14ft boat up there. Was thinking it would be easier to travel with the pontoon since I can deflate it and keep it in the back seat. Might be fun to toss a few flies but second reason for taking the pontoon is thinking of a diversion trip coming back Thur via Tawas and going fishing with Priority1 Thur morn depending on sched and weather.

There is a small creek that runs into the Lake right by the RAM. Rainbow Creek. If you take a boat try fishing in front of the creek along the dropoff. It usually attracts fish. Might be a few perch or rock bass over there too. You can easily row out to the dropoff there. The lake is really warm for Higgins this time of year. I might be going up sunday to see my nieces but I won't be fishing.