Little Bay de Noc-June 3rd 2010

100_1142_edit_3.jpg

Today I had the pleasure of fishing with long time clients Garrett and Mike Boersma. I was a little worried when I woke up this morning and felt how cold it was after the cold front that moved through last night. When I got to work I could see my breath and there was a cool northwest wind blowing. We got on the water around 6:30 a.m. and decided to try the shallow jig bite first. Boat control was difficult as the wind was blowing us off our spot, but the fish didn't seem to care. We landed 9 nice keepers and well over 25 short fish on our first drift along the weedline. The bite tapered off a lot around 11 a.m. and we were just getting undersized fish, sheepshead, and we even caught a couple northerns while pitching 1/4 oz. jigs tipped with crawler halves. We made a move and got out the Walleyes Choice harnesses and planer boards for the last couple hours of the day and it was non-stop action, however most of the fish were on the short side. We couldn't keep all six lines in the water for the better part of an hour. We did manage to pull two more keepers before heading in at 2:30. I-62 and I-76 were the colors of choice today. With well over 50 fish landed today it was a busy day and my night crawler supply took a big hit. Good luck from all of us in the Bay de Noc area.