May 21st Report

Today I had the pleasure of sharing the boat with 4 great guys...Mike, Jeff, Eric and Zack from lower Michigan. We got on the water around 7 a.m. and headed north from the Gladstone Yacht Harbor. I haven't been on the water the last few days, but everybody has been saying that the bite has been tough. Today, however, we actually found some biting fish. For the first two hours of the morning we could not keep all the lines in the water. Most fish were on the short side, with many, many undersized walleyes caught, but we did manage 12 eaters for the guys to enjoy back home. Walleyes Choice harnesses were awesome, with I-76 and I-51 definitely tops of all the colors we tried. We caught fish pretty consistently until about noon, then things slowed down and all we could get was undersized fish. We made a move south to try for some bigger fish trolling leadcore and crankbaits for the last hour, but we didn't have any luck doing that. Lots of boats on the bay today, staying away from the crowd seemed to work best for producing the most fish. Good luck from all of us in the Bay de Noc area.