Another spawning run on Little Bay de Noc.

Nice video Ken. I have seen a few of your posts, and figured you would be the guy to ask about fishing in Little Bay DeNoc this summer. My dad, brother and I are going to be up there on July 24th for a few days and we have never been there before. We are planning on bringing all the gear so we can adapt to most conditions that we run across.

So do you have any pointers/areas that are historically good for that time of year.

Is trolling the preferred method?

Thanks, Paul

At that time of year the fishing usually starts to pick up pretty good in the "Black bottom" area of the outer bay south of Gladstone. Most fish are good eaters in the 15 to 20 inch range and trolling harnesses behind bottom bouncers is by far the best method. However, if we get a strong cold front that shuts them off a little I like to drift with floating jig heads tipped with just a 1/2 a crawler. The water depth in that area varies from 26 to 40 fow. If the fish are not there, then we usually pitch jigs/crawlers along weed edges in 6 to 12 fow and catch a lot of fish this way too. Stop in and we'd be happy to show you some other spots on the map too. If you're looking for big fish...we can point you to some good areas also. Good luck fishing...