Hello everybody! I am somewhat new to salmon fishing, so I hope you don't mind me asking some questions that might be able to help me.

I am heading down to St Joe Friday and Saturday, and I was wondering what depth would be good to go at. Also, are you using spoons or something else? And what speed?

Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Also, I have been a member for almost a year, but never posted anything because I was new to this. But you guys have been a great help to me. I think the guys that are on this are a great group of people who seem to enjoy fishing and, like to help people like me, who is still learning the ropes. Thank you for posting all that great information. You will definetly be seeing more of me.

Thank you again,

Katrina

Welcome aboard.

Most folks troll in the mud and south out of the piers. Put the boat in 10 FOW and run high lines unweighted with spoons and body baits on planer boards. Jointed rapalas J-9 and J-11 in orange/gold, black/gold, blue/white, clown are very good. Thinfins, thinfish, rapalas, X-raps, and other body baits work well too. Play with speed a bit, but 2-3 mph works good. Good luck and let us know how you do.

If you have room for one more Friday I have rods rigged and a ton of lures, maybe I could play hooky.:D

I grew up in NW Idiana and cut my teeth fishing for browns and coho. I live in Hudsonville and could ride down with you. Be happy to chip in for gas and help run a spread.

If anyone else is headed down Friday and has room let me know.l

Tim

Actually, I have a full boat this weekend...got a bunch of guys who don't know what they're doing...guess they need a captain to tell them what to do! LOL

I'm sure I'll have room another time, though. Thanks for the suggestion and the info. I'll let you know what we catch.

I agree with Tim. Stick baits in flat lines, spoons with an anline weight or 1-2 colors of core, small orange dodgers and peanut flies, small spoons off riggers. If the coho are there they aren't too picky. Good luck.

I should be fishing St Joe Friday and Saturday give me a shout on channel 11 Call the Supertramp. and I will let u know what is working. I will probably run south to the power plant and start trolling around the chalets. Should be coho and browns and an occasional steelhead. Try running jointed Rapalas and any other shallow diving stick baits in tight on the beach, then some deeper divers out in 12 to 15 fow u can set up in about 12 fow and run a board all the way in to the beach so it is running in the first trough should get your browns there if u want coho try moving out to about 15 to 18 fow and run everything u can to cover the top 12' I like to run spoons in chrome with red or orange tape, on a 1 color of leadcore and clean with a bullet wt usually 1/4 oz to get it down about 6 to 8' u can use any number of presentations but remember that the top 12' is where u will find fish and that slow is the presentation with long leads.

Mike (supertramp)

Boat name MC2