Bit the bullet

Well after a discussion with my dad and Jerry Lee from Lowrance we decided to bite the bullet. Now that the dust has settled as jerry stated things are starting to run more smoothly at Lowrance. He was saying that things are ok again with the customer service dept. There was a shake up and the problem was with people that didn't like change. I was also told the same story from bill and nate at outdoorsman. Also the 2010 units are supposed to be on better firmware. so we will see

So anyways cabelas had a deal going get the fishfinder and the sirius weather and you get an instant 250.00 refund on the sirius package leaving it at a hundred dollar upgrade. I went with the hds5 2010 combo unit base map. I have all my charts from my last lowrance and they are all compatible so i couldn't see spending the extra for the charts when i had the already.

So the fish finder will be here end of next week and the sirius weather package is on back order with a ship date of april 9th.

Hopefully the problems are worked out like they said.

Well thats good to hear cause that was an absolute nightmare for far too long. I was without a unit for an entire summer cause of their slow turn around time. I also had some issues with a few of their units. Those things really turned me off to Lowrance products after being a loyal customer for a long time. That and seeing several of my fishing brotheren go through the same ordeals.

Lets hope the ships righted and stays that way. Let us know how you like your new unit.